Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'll get off the Goat thing one of these days...promise!

They are getting more used to us and more brave every day, and I've been able to get a few good shots of the Goaties, as well as our hard working herding dog. She hasn't quite figured out that she is allowed to herd them, and certainly doesn't know where to bring them if she was to herd them, but she is ready. And very very interested in their every move.
doesn't she look professional?


Lulu Bell


And then, I got to garden. It was a good week/weekend. Oh and happy belated Father's Day to all you dad's out there! :)

Great-Grampa Piccini's Peonies. Say that five times fast.

Mick enjoys my "Dr. Seuss garden" (and a bumble bee); big puffs of purple Allium.

(above)The very beginnings of my veggie garden. I have to have faith that it will fill in, right? All herbs out front (from left: Thyme, Sage, Oregano, Rosemary, Basil and Cilantro), as well as onions, tomatoes and kale so far. I still need to plant lettuce and maybe pea, bean and beet seeds?

We've had some crazy weather around here lately, too, and I caught this shot that I think shows the foreboding "severe thunderstorms" from last night. Happy was none too happy about that -- she is a little scared of thunder it seems. But the plants didn't mind the break from the hot sun, and we were spared the golf ball-sized hail here in South Lee.

No comments: